In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Green curry shrimp with pan-seared bok choy
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Spicy
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Good-quality storebought curry pastes are one of our favorite time-savers, since they yield so much flavor thanks to someone else doing the work. This one-pan curry requires minimal prep, then cooks in as little as 15 minutes, since the shrimp and vegetables need hardly any time. As for the simple side, you’ll be surprised how flavorful bok choy can be, when seared to a caramel brown in a hot skillet.
In your bag
- 1 to 2 baby bok choy
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (green chiles - lemongrass - garlic salt - galangal - shrimp paste - kaffir lime - coriander - black pepper - cumin - turmeric)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime
- Fresh basil
- 1½ ounces roasted cashews
Calories 500, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 215mg (72% DV), Sodium 1110mg (48% DV), Total Carb. 30g (11% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Cook the bok choy
- Cut the bok choy in half lengthwise.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut it lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch lengths.
- Rinse the shrimp, pat dry with a paper towel, and season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the curry
Add ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a vigorous simmer, and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and coconut milk and simmer until the shrimp is pink and cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. While the shrimp cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes; finish the curry
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.