In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Green goddess chicken salad lettuce cups with roasted almonds
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Bop to the beat of this chicken salad sandwich remix. Crisp lettuce leaves slide into the spotlight, while avocado and dry-roasted almonds lay down applause-worthy notes.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic avocado
- Sunbasket green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories: 720, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 60g (92% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 850mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate the chicken to cool slightly. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Assemble the chicken salad
In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, onion, almonds, and green goddess dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the romaine leaves to individual plates, top with the chicken salad and avocado, and serve.
- Time the chicken.
- Measure the onion.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Assemble the chicken salad.