Green Goddess steak salad with kale
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
Herb-packed Green Goddess dressing is enjoying a richly deserved comeback. A California classic, it’s said to have originated at San Francisco’s iconic Palace Hotel in the 1920s, inspired by the William Archer play of the same name. Ours uses Primal Kitchen’s paleo mayonnaise as a base, which is made with avocado oil and organic eggs.
- 1 or 2 carrots
- Carrot spice blend (cumin - coriander)
- 1 red onion
- 1 lime
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Fuji apple
- Sun Basket paleo Green Goddess dressing (Primal Kitchen paleo mayonnaise - anchovies - apple cider vinegar - scallions - parsley - fresh garlic - salt)
Prep and cook the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ½-inch pieces.
While the carrots roasts, prepare the onion and steaks.
Marinate the red onion
- Peel and thinly slice the red onion.
- Juice the lime.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook and rest, start assembling the salad.
Assemble the salad
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the apple into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 770, Protein: 46 g, Total Fat: 52 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 38 g, Cholesterol: 150 mg, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 920 mg
Contains: fish, eggs