Green Goddess steak salad with kale
Herb-packed Green Goddess dressing is enjoying a richly deserved comeback. A California classic, it’s said to have originated at San Francisco’s iconic Palace Hotel in the 1920s, inspired by the William Archer play of the same name. Ours is based on Primal Kitchen’s paleo mayonnaise, which is made with avocado oil and organic eggs.
- 1/4 pound carrots
- Carrot seasoning blend (cumin - coriander)
- 1 red onion
- 1 lime
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 d’Anjou pear
- Sun Basket paleo Green Goddess dressing (Primal Kitchen paleo mayonnaise - anchovies - apple cider vinegar - scallions - parsley - fresh garlic - salt)
Roast the carrot
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the ends; cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ½-inch lengths.
While the carrot roasts, prepare the onion and steaks.
Marinate the red onion
- Peel and thinly slice the red onion.
- Juice the lime.
Cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the steaks cook and rest, start assembling the salad.
Assemble the salad
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the pear into quarters, cut away the core, then cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Nutrition per serving: Calories 700, Protein: 40 g, Total Fat: 41g, Monounsaturated Fat: 26 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Carbohydrates: 45 g, Fiber: 10 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 750 mg
Contains: eggs, fish