In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus rib-eye steak salad with green goddess dressing
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 850 Calories/Serving
This delicious paleo dish unites our herb-packed green goddess dressing with sliced seared rib-eye steaks, fresh kale, and roasted carrots.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic lime
- 2 or 3 organic carrots (about 9 ounces total)
- Sun Basket carrot spice blend (coriander - cumin)
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 bunch organic red or other kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- Sun Basket paleo green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories: 850, Protein: 57g (114% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 51g (78% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 140mg (47% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 42g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the onion
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Juice the lime.
In a medium bowl, combine the onion and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and roast the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the carrots with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper and the carrot spice blend and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast until tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ¼-inch-thick slices. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Core and cut the apple into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled onion from the lime juice, reserving the juice.
In a large bowl, toss together the kale, apple, roasted carrots, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil, reserved lime juice, and as much pickled onion as you like (save the rest for another use). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual plates, top with the steaks, and drizzle with half the green goddess dressing. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Toss the carrots with oil and seasonings.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Assemble the salad.