Green goddess steak salad with kale and roasted carrots
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
20 – 30 Minutes
Perhaps the healthiest as well as the most delicious green goddess salad you’ll ever experience, this paleo-friendly take unites the iconic dressing with fresh kale and sliced seared steak.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- Carrot spice blend (cumin - coriander)
- 1 red onion
- 1 lime
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 New York strip steak (about ¾ pound; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 apple (such as Fuji)
- Sun Basket paleo green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - fresh parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovies - fresh garlic - salt)
Having extra pickled red onion in your fridge comes in handy for salads and sandwiches or adding to a cheese plate.
Prep and roast the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the carrots roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Marinate the red onion
- Peel and thinly slice the red onion.
- Juice the lime.
Cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, start assembling the salad.
Assemble the salad
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the apple into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Calories: 780, Protein: 46g (92% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 52g (80% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 150mg (50% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 42g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.