In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Green goddess steak salad with roasted carrots
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Perhaps the healthiest as well as the most delicious green goddess salad you’ll ever experience, this paleo take unites the iconic dressing with fresh kale and sliced seared steak.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic lime
- 2 or 3 organic carrots (about 9 ounces total)
- Sun Basket carrot spice blend (coriander - cumin)
- Steak options:
- 2 top sirloin steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic rib-eye steak (about 14 ounces; 1 steak serves 2)
- 2 filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- Sun Basket paleo green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - fresh parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy paste - fresh garlic - kosher salt)
Having extra pickled onion in your fridge comes in handy for garnishing salads and sandwiches or adding to a cheese plate.
Calories: 640, Protein: 57g (114% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 48g (74% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 620mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 45g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the onion
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Juice the lime.
Prep and roast the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the carrots roast, prepare the steak.
Prep and cook the steak
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks and rests, prepare the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Core and cut the apple into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Toss the carrots with oil and seasonings.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Assemble the salad.