In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Green salad with chicken, pear, and soft-cooked eggs
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
Sometimes keeping it simple really is best. This light salad combines crisp romaine with tender chicken, juicy tomato, and sweet pear—simply perfect, any day of the week.
In your bag
- 2 organic eggs
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 organic Bartlett or other pear
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Calories: 410, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 280mg (93% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick pieces; season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the vinaigrette
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Core and cut the pear into ½-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
Assemble the salad
- Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the eggs.
- Make the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the salad with the eggs.