In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Green salad with chicken, pear, and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Sometimes keeping it simple really is best. This wholesome salad combines crisp romaine with sweet pear, tender pan-cooked chicken, and jammy soft-cooked eggs.
In your bag
- 2 organic eggs
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic romaine hearts or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 organic d’Anjou or other pear
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard - honey - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 510, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 280mg (93% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 30g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
Bring a small sauce pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 6 minutes for soft-cooked (for firmer yolks, cook 1 to 3 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. While the water is heating and the eggs are cooking, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick pieces; season with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the romaine hearts; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Core and cut the pear into bite-size pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
Assemble the salad
In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, tomato, pear, scallions, chicken, and as much sherry vinaigrette as you like (set aside any remaining vinaigrette for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and top with the eggs. Serve any remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the eggs.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to bowls.
- Top the salad with the eggs.