In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared chicken breasts with salsa verde and white bean salad
Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Our herby, citrusy salsa verde is super versatile, brightening both the chicken and the bean salad in this summery gluten-free supper.
In your bag
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 ear organic corn
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- ¼ pound organic grape or Sungold tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
When zesting citrus, try to remove only the outermost colored portion of the rind, or zest, and as little of the white pith beneath as possible. The zest holds all the fragrant essential oils, while the pith tastes bitter.
Prepare a medium-hot fire on one side of a grill. Set the chicken breasts on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until starting to brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat, skin side up, close the grill, and cook without turning until the skin is crisp and lightly charred and the meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
Calories: 720, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 47g (72% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 31g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the salsa verde
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken on both sides with the 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] salsa verde.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the white bean salad.
Make the white bean salad
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon; measure the juice.
- Strip the parsley and basil leaves.
- Stir the salsa verde.
- Shuck the corn.
- Rinse the beans.