Grilled chicken breasts with salsa verde and white bean salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
20 – 30 Minutes
Our herby, citrusy salsa verde is super versatile, brightening both chicken and the bean salad in this summery gluten-free supper.
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 scallions
- 1 lemon
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 ear corn
- 1¼ cups cooked white beans
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh basil
When zesting citrus, try to remove only the outermost colored portion of the rind, or zest, and as little of the white pith beneath as possible. The zest holds all the fragrant essential oils, while the pith tastes bitter.
Make the salsa verde
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken on both sides with the 2 tablespoons salsa verde.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the white bean salad.
Make the white bean salad
- Shuck the corn. Lay the cob flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Protein: 48g (96% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 26g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).