Grilled chicken tacos
Gluten Free, Soy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Packed with crunchy cabbage, crisp radishes, sweet roasted red peppers, and marinated chicken (we aren’t kidding about “packed”), these are not your average cantina-style tacos. The marinade of tomato paste, lime, and ancho chile powder helps the chicken caramelize as it cooks, adding even more color and flavor—regardless whether you use a grill pan or skillet. The poblano and ancho chiles (fresh and dried versions of the same pepper, respectively) are both quite mild, but if you’re at all sensitive to spicy food, leave them out.
- 2 Iimes
- Two 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder (optional)
- 1 poblano chile (optional)
- 3 ounces Napa cabbage
- 2 ounces red radishes
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- Fresh cilantro
- 6 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 2 ounces queso fresco
Marinate the chicken
- Zest and juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges for garnish.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
While the chicken marinates, prepare the poblano and garnishes.
Cook the poblano
- If using the poblano, remove the stem and seeds; thinly slice the poblano. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes into quarters or thin slices.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; cut the peppers into thin strips.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the chicken
Transfer the chicken to a plate to rest for 5 minutes, then cut into thin strips.
While the chicken rests, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
Nutrition per serving: Calories 610, Protein: 44 g, Total Fat: 20 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Carbohydrates: 63 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 660 mg