In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Summer vegetable panini with mozzarella and arugula pesto
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Not your grandmother’s grilled cheese, these vegetarian sandwiches ooze with melted mozzarella, mushrooms, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 summer squash
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- 2 ounces white button mushrooms
- 2 lavash flatbreads
- ¼ pound baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- Sunbasket arugula pesto (arugula - walnuts - Parmesan - olive oil - salt)
- ½ ounce sun-dried tomatoes
Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 44g (16% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes
Prep and cook the squash
- Trim the ends from the summer squash; cut the squash on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
While the squash cooks, prepare the remaining panini ingredients.
Prep the remaining panini ingredients
- Cut the mozzarella into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and pat dry; thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
Assemble and cook the panini
Warm the pan used for the squash over medium heat. Brush the outside of the panini lightly with oil, add to the hot pan, and cook over medium heat until the flatbread is toasted and the mozzarella has melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
While the panini cook, finish the squash.
Dress the squash