Grilled pork chops with plum and fennel salad and roasted sweet potatoes
Paleo, Gluten Free, Soy Free
As plum season comes to an end we try to make the most of them while we can. Here Chef Justine combines them with fresh fennel to make a delicious partner for grilled pork chops.
- 2 - 6oz boneless pork loin chops
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 fennel bulb with fronds
- 2 red plums
- 1-2 shallots
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Season the pork; roast the sweet potatoes
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Cut the sweet potato into ½-inch-thick half-moon slices.
Make the salad
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Trim fronds from the fennel, reserving the fronds. Cut the fennel into very thin slices.
- Cut the plums into ¼-inch slices.
Cook the pork
Make the pan sauce
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.