In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork and stone fruit salad with harissa-roasted sweet potato
Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Juicy pork paired with peak-season stone fruit and harissa-spiced sweet potato add up to a delightful and summery paleo dinner.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon harissa powder (optional)
- 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic peach or other stone fruit
- 1 organic pluot or other stone fruit
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
- Sun Basket house dressing (EVOO - balsamic vinegar - garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Shine from the Inside Out
Is it love at first bite? The colors and textures of the food on our plates can tempt our eyes and make us want to taste it. Studies suggest that an artful presentation encourages us to eat a more varied diet. Besides being beautiful to look at, eating a colorful variety of foods provides a wide range of nutrients and antioxidants that promote healthy aging.
An Italian invention, balsamic is a dark, sweet-tart vinegar made from pressed grape must—the same stuff that’s used to produce wine. As with wine, the aging process affects the vinegar’s acidity, pungency, and viscosity. Young balsamic vinegar, like ours, is more tart and fluid. Further character and complexity are gained through an aging process of resting the vinegar in successively smaller wooden barrels, sometimes for as long as 25 years. The longer it rests, the more moisture evaporates, concentrating the liquid and its flavors.
Calories: 540, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 60mg (20% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 49g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sweet potato and onion
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel the onion and cut it crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
While the potato and onion cook, prepare the pork.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the stone fruit in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Trim the root end from the frisée; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Separate the onion slices into rings.
- Time the cooking.
- Top the salad with the pork, sweet potato, and onion.