In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Pork and stone fruit salad with harissa-roasted sweet potato
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Nothing says summer like biting into a sweet stone fruit salad. Bright, juicy, and cool, this one is topped with spiced sweet potato and seared pork chops for one seriously delicious meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- 2 boneless center-cut pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 organic plums or other stone fruit
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
- Sunbasket house dressing (extra virgin olive oil - balsamic vinegar - garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories 500, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sweet potato and onion
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel the onion and cut it crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sweet potato and onion and season generously with salt and pepper and as much harissa powder as you like. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potato is tender and lightly browned and the onion starts to caramelize, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the pork.
Prep and cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices; season with salt and pepper.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the plums in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Trim the root end from the frisée; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a large bowl, toss together the plums and frisée with as much house dressing as you like (set aside any remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and top with the pork, sweet potato, and onion. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Separate the onion slices into rings.
- Time the cooking.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to bowls.