Grilled pork with nectarine-watercress salad
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
Balsamic vinegar and black pepper are a much-loved combination in Italian cooking. Here Chef Justine riffs on the pairing in a salad for pork chops with a balsamic vinaigrette. Because of its natural peppery flavor (and nutritional superpowers) she punches up the salad with watercress, packed with iron and vitamin C.
- ¾ pound sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion
- ½ teaspoon Oaktown Spice Shop harissa powder
- 2 nectarines
- 2 ounces red radishes
- Fresh watercress
- Fresh mint
- Two 6-ounce boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette base (honey - balsamic vinegar)
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and cut the red onion into ¼-inch-thick rings.
Prep the salad
- Cut the nectarines into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Cut away any tough root ends from the watercress.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the pork
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Make the vinaigrette; finish the salad
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 690, Protein: 41 g, Total Fat: 34 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 22 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 115 mg, Carbohydrates: 55 g, Fiber: 7 g, Added Sugar: 6 g, Sodium: 400 mg