In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
One-pan seared salmon with chimichurri and summer vegetables
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
A bright, herbal Argentinian chimichurri punches up grilled salmon and summer vegetables for an easy paleo and gluten-free weeknight dinner.
In your bag
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 or 2 organic summer squash (about ½ pound total)
- 1 organic fennel bulb (about 6 ounces)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket chimichurri (EVOO - fresh parsley - red wine vinegar - fresh cilantro - fresh garlic - kosher salt - cumin)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 500, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 19g (7% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds.
- Trim the root end from the fennel. Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters, keeping the core intact.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
Cook the vegetables
Add the tomato to the pan, cut sides down, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat without turning until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Time the seafood.
- Time the vegetables.
- Top with the chimichurri.