In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
One-pan seared salmon with chimichurri and summer vegetables
Mediterranean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
A bright, herbal Argentinian chimichurri punches up grilled salmon and summer vegetables for an easy paleo and gluten-free weeknight dinner.
In your bag
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 or 2 organic summer squash (about ½ pound total)
- 1 organic fennel bulb (about 6 ounces)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 organic lime
- Sun Basket chimichurri (EVOO - fresh parsley - red wine vinegar - fresh cilantro - fresh garlic - kosher salt - cumin)
Calories: 500, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds.
- Trim the root end from the fennel. Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters, keeping the core intact.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
Cook the vegetables
Add the tomato to the pan, cut sides down, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat without turning until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Time the seafood.
- Time the vegetables.
- Top with the chimichurri.