Grilled sausages with nectarine mostarda and sautéed greens
Paleo, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Low Calorie
25 – 35 Minutes
Pork and stone fruits are a classic pairing. Our nectarine mostarda is an easy Italian condiment, made even easier as we include our custom spice blend in your box.
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 2 nectarines
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Urfa chile flakes (optional)
- Mostarda blend (coconut vinegar - honey - whole grain mustard - yellow mustard seeds)
- Two ¼-pound fresh mild Italian pork sausages (contain pork and spices)
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 small bunch mustard greens
Mostarda, a chutney-like Italian condiment, is made with fruit that’s slow-cooked in a mustard-infused blend of seasonings. The tangy-sweet relish is as easy to make as it is versatile. In addition to grilled meats, it can be served as part of a cheese course, spread on a sandwich, or eaten with a spoon.
Make the mostarda
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots; set half aside for the mustard greens.
- Cut the nectarines into ½-inch pieces; discard the pits.
Add the mostarda blend and ½ cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and the nectarines begin to fall apart, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the mostarda cooks, prepare the sausages.
Cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
While the sausages cook and rest, prepare the mustard greens.
Prep and cook the mustard greens
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove any coarse stems from the mustard greens; coarsely chop the greens.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 35mg (12% DV), Sodium: 880mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: milk.