In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with stone fruit mostarda and sautéed greens
Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Paleo
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Pork and stone fruit are a classic pairing. Our tangy-sweet mostarda is an easy Italian condiment, made even easier since we include our mostarda base in your box.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 organic nectarines or other stone fruit
- 1 teaspoon Urfa chile flakes (optional)
- Sun Basket mostarda base (maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - whole grain mustard)
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch organic mustard greens or other leafy greens (about ¾ pound)
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. In a medium sauce pot on the stovetop, add the pork sausages and enough beer, water, or a mixture to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, reduce to a vigorous simmer, and cook until the sausages are firm but not yet cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Set the sausages on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning occasionally, until the skin is blistered and the sausages are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
Calories: 550, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 780mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 9g (18% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the mostarda
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ⅓ cup [⅔ cup].
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
Add the mostarda base and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and the nectarines begin to fall apart, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the sausages.
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
Prep and cook the mustard greens
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Remove any coarse stems from the mustard greens; coarsely chop the greens.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the mostarda.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Remove the coarse stems from the mustard greens.