In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Shrimp skewers with salsa verde and mandarin-jicama salad
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Smoky charred scallions, crunchy jicama, and sweet satsuma mandarins bring a kaleidoscope of flavors to the side in this colorful one-pan shrimp dinner.
In your bag
- 3 scallions
- ½ pound jicama
- 2 satsuma mandarins
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- Wooden skewers
When zesting citrus, try to remove only the outermost colored portion of the rind, or zest, and as little of the white pith beneath as possible. The zest holds all the fragrant essential oils, while the pith tastes bitter.
Calories: 540, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 840mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions.
While the scallions cool, start the mandarin-jicama salad.
Make the mandarin-jicama salad
- Using a sharp knife or a peeler, remove the peel from the jicama. Cut the white flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices into ¼-inch-thick sticks.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, remove the peel from the mandarins; cut the fruit in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
Make the salsa verde
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the shrimp
- Measure out 1 to 2 tablespoons salsa verde for the shrimp; set aside the rest for serving.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
In the same pan used for the scallions, warm 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.