Grilled shrimp and corn with watermelon-feta salad
Gluten Free, Soy Free
Sweet meets salty in this main dish, one of our favorite summer meals. Briny grilled shrimp come with a salad of juicy chunks of watermelon tossed with feta and crunchy pumpkin seeds. In a lightened take on elotes, the Mexican street food snack, corn on the cob is lightly charred then slathered with cilantro-lime butter.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ear corn
- 1¼ pound watermelon
- Fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 ounce roasted pumpkin seeds
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- Wooden skewers
Cook the corn
- Bring the butter to room temperature.
- Shuck the corn; split the ear in half.
Make the watermelon-feta salad
- Using a serrated knife, cut the peel from the watermelon; cut the fruit into 1-inch cubes.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; thinly slice the leaves.
- Juice half the lemon.
Make the cilantro-lime butter
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Zest the lime; juice half, and cut the other half into wedges.
Cook the shrimp; finish the corn
- Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper. Thread them onto the skewers.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 640, Protein: 34 g, Total Fat: 42 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5 g, Saturated Fat: 15 g, Cholesterol: 270 mg, Carbohydrates: 41 g, Fiber: 5 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1540 mg
Contains: shellfish, milk