In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Grilled sirloins with piperade and arugula pesto
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Piperade is a classic Basque preparation with countless iterations. It sometimes includes tomatoes and even bits of ham. Here, Chef Justine poaches peppers in a garlicky base that includes an optional bit of mirin. Though it's not a paleo ingredient, the rice-based seasoning adds a little sweetness to this easy-as-it-gets side dish.
In your bag
- 2 top sirloin steaks
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- 2 to 3 bell peppers
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons mirin-optional
- ¼ cup arugula pesto (baby arugula-walnuts-garlic-olive oil-salt)
Calories: 600, Protein: 38 g, Fiber: 4 g, Total Fat: 41 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 25 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 8 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Sodium: 410 mg, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Added Sugar: 4 g.
Wash produce before use
Season the steak; prep the bell peppers and garlic
- Season the steak with the harissa, salt, and black pepper.
- Rinse the bell peppers, slice in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and cut into thick 1-inch strips.
- With the side of a knife, smash the garlic.
- Strip the thyme leaves from their stems; chop the leaves, and discard the stems.
Cook the piperade
Sear the steaks
Transfer the steaks to a plate and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.