In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Grilled sirloins with piperade and arugula pesto
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Piperade is a classic Basque preparation with countless iterations. It sometimes includes tomatoes and even bits of ham. Here, Chef Justine poaches peppers in a garlicky base that includes an optional bit of mirin. Though it's not a paleo ingredient, the rice-based seasoning adds a little sweetness to this easy-as-it-gets side dish.
In your bag
- 2 top sirloin steaks
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- 2 to 3 bell peppers
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons mirin-optional
- ¼ cup arugula pesto (baby arugula-walnuts-garlic-olive oil-salt)
Calories 600, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Protein 38g
Wash produce before use
Season the steak; prep the bell peppers and garlic
- Season the steak with the harissa, salt, and black pepper.
- Rinse the bell peppers, slice in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and cut into thick 1-inch strips.
- With the side of a knife, smash the garlic.
- Strip the thyme leaves from their stems; chop the leaves, and discard the stems.
Cook the piperade
Sear the steaks
Transfer the steaks to a plate and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.