In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Grilled sirloins with sautéed peppers and arugula pesto
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
For a summery side for steak, Chef Justine created this riff on piperade, Basque-style braised bell peppers—simmered in a garlicky mix of olive oil and water, sweetened with the Japanese cooking wine, mirin. For a strictly paleo version, omit the mirin.
In your bag
- Two 6-ounce sirloin steaks
- 1 teaspoon Oaktown Spice Shop harissa powder
- ¾ pound red bell peppers
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons mirin (optional)
- Arugula pesto (baby arugula - walnuts - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt)
Calories 600, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 410mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Season the steaks; prep the bell peppers and garlic
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel. Season with the harissa powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Remove the ribs and seeds from the bell peppers; cut the peppers into 1-inch strips.
- Coarsely chop the garlic. With the side of a knife, crush to a coarse paste.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems; chop the leaves.
Cook the peppers
Cook the steaks