In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared summer squash and black bean tacos with cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Seasoned with our custom spice blend, black beans give these vegetarian tacos heft and protein, while summer squash, bell peppers, and mildly spicy poblanos deliver earthy sweetness. A pinch of sugar in the crisp cabbage slaw highlights the salty-savory notes of the tacos; feel free to swap in honey or maple syrup, or omit the sugar altogether.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 poblano chile
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- Squash taco seasoning (cumin - coriander - dried Mexican oregano - garlic)
- ¼ pound Savoy cabbage
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- 6 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 520, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the squash; cut the squash in half crosswise, then lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the bell pepper.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the poblano; thinly slice the poblano crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the vegetables
While the vegetables cook, prepare the black beans.
Cook the black beans
- Rinse the black beans.
While the beans cook, prepare the slaw and heat the tortillas.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Warm the tortillas