In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Steak and stone fruit salad with walnuts and ginger-basil dressing
Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Grilled or pan-seared nectarines are one of our summertime favorites. By cooking the fruit for this steak salad, we add depth of flavor and surprising sweetness.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic nectarine or other stone fruit
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 500, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 110mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Make the ginger-basil dressing
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the onion and nectarine
- Peel the onion and cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick rings.
- Cut the nectarine in half and remove the pit.
Prep the walnuts; assemble the salad
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Measure the ginger.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Stir the dressing.
- Assemble the salad.