Mushroom-smothered steaks with arugula-walnut salad
Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
Buttery sautéed mushrooms and seared steaks are made for each other—literally: on a molecular level, nucleotides in the mushrooms act like salt on the amino acids in beef that give it umami richness. To up their flavor even more, we add a touch of sweet mirin, but for a strictly paleo version, use white wine instead.
In your bag
- 1 ounce walnuts
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh rosemary
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms
- Two 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (optional)
- Arugula dressing base (sherry vinegar - maple syrup)
- 3 ounces baby arugula
Calories: 630, Protein: 42 g, Fiber: 3 g, Total Fat: 43 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 25 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Sodium: 610 mg, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Added Sugar: 2 g.
Contains: Tree Nuts