In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Saigon noodles with braised tofu and cucumber-radish salad
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
This stunner of a salad comes together quickly with ready-braised tofu, fast-cooking gluten-free rice noodles, and a crisp salad garnish.
In your bag
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 3 organic scallions
- ½ pound Hodo Soy organic braised tofu
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile such as jalapeño (optional)
- Noodle dressing base (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 5 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Organic mung bean sprouts (see Market Watch note)
Calories: 740, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: (maple syrup, brown sugar) 3g (6% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the scallion oil.
Make the scallion oil
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 4 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Pour the oil over the scallions and stir to combine. Set aside. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Cut the tofu in half lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the dressing and cucumber-radish salad.
Make the dressing and salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into enough ½-inch pieces to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- If using the serrano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the serrano. Wash your hands after handling.
In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, radishes, mint, carrots, bean sprouts, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] of the dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the noodles.
- Stir the scallions with salt and sugar.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Toss the salad.