Saigon noodle salad
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free
Rice vermicelli are a dream for any cook in a hurry: The slender noodles cook in minutes, an ideal starting point for a quick, satisfying meal. For more protein and flavor, we top this refreshing salad with another of our favorite time savers, Hodo Soy’s braised tofu, infused with a savory five-spiced caramel sauce.
- 5 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 scallions
- Fresh ginger
- 1 Thai chile
- Dressing base (rice vinegar - tamari - sesame oil)
- Persian cucumber
- Red radishes
- Fresh mint
- Bean sprouts
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
Cook the noodles
Make the scallion oil
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Make the dressing
- Peel and finely chop the ginger.
- If using, remove the stem from the Thai chile; finely chop the chile.
Make the cucumber-radish salad
- Thinly slice the cucumber crosswise.
- Thinly slice the radishes.
- Tear the mint leaves into coarse pieces.
Cook the tofu
- Cut the tofu into ¼-inch-thick strips.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 660, Protein: 19 g, Total Fat: 33 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 18 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11.5 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates 72 g, Fiber: 6 g, Added Sugar: 2 g, Sodium: 1090 mg