In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Ground chicken meatza with mushrooms, zucchini, and arugula pesto
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
This isn’t your traditional pizza. It’s a grain-free meatza made with a ground chicken crust, herbed marinara sauce, and savory vegetable toppings.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- 1 organic egg
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic roasted garlic
- Sunbasket herbed marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - garlic - basil - salt - spices)
- 1 ounce sliced pitted black olives
- Sunbasket arugula pesto (arugula - walnuts - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories 520, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 195mg (65% DV), Sodium 670mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 21g (8% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the meatza crust
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan [2 sheet pans] with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg with a fork until blended. Add the chicken, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared sheet pan [2 sheet pans] and, using your fingers, form into a 6-by-8-inch rectangle [2 rectangles] about ½ inch thick. Bake until the chicken is almost cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
While the crust bakes, prepare the toppings.
Prep the toppings
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Peel the onion, cut in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Cut any large roasted garlic cloves in half lengthwise or into quarters, if desired.
Finish the meatza
Remove the sheet pan from the oven. Spread the marinara evenly over the crust, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Top with the zucchini, mushrooms, and as much onion, garlic, and olives as you like. Season with salt and pepper.
Return to the oven and bake until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender and the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, add dollops of the arugula pesto, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut into fourths on the diagonal.
Transfer the meatza to individual plates and serve.
- Grease the sheet pan.
- Time the cooking.
- Dollop the meatza with the arugula pesto.