In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Guatemalan turkey soup with white beans and fresh herbs
Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
In our one-pot spin on a Mayan classic, our custom spice blend and simmer sauce base provide instant rich flavor so dinner is ready in 20 minutes or less.
In your bag
- 1 organic turnip
- 1 organic orange or other bell pepper
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- Sunbasket achiote spice blend (ground achiote - ancho chile powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- Sunbasket tomatillo simmer sauce base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - fresh cilantro - pumpkin seeds - fresh garlic - sesame seeds)
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
Calories 560, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 580mg (25% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the soup ingredients
- Scrub or peel the turnip; cut the turnip into ¼-inch pieces.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the white beans.
Start the soup
Add the beans, tomatillo simmer sauce base, tomatoes, and 1½ cups [2½ cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
While the soup is almost done, prepare the herbs.
Prep the herbs; finish the soup
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Garnish the soup with mint and cilantro.