In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Guatemalan turkey soup with white beans and fresh herbs
Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
In our one-pot spin on a Mayan classic, our custom spice blend and simmer sauce base provide instant rich flavor so dinner is ready in 20 minutes or less.
In your bag
- 1 organic turnip
- 1 organic orange or other bell pepper
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- Sun Basket achiote spice blend (ground achiote - ancho chile powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- Sun Basket tomatillo simmer sauce base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - fresh cilantro - pumpkin seeds - fresh garlic - sesame seeds)
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
Calories: 560, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the soup ingredients
- Scrub or peel the turnip; cut the turnip into ¼-inch pieces.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the white beans.
Start the soup
Add the beans, tomatillo simmer sauce base, tomatoes, and 1½ cups [2½ cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
While the soup is almost done, prepare the herbs.
Prep the herbs; finish the soup
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Garnish the soup with mint and cilantro.