In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hakka noodles with braised tofu and stir-fried vegetables
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Hakka noodles are a cousin of chow mein; our lightened version makes for a fast and easy vegetarian dish the whole family will love.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 7 ounces glass (mung bean) noodles
- 1 or 2 celery ribs
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 wedge green cabbage (about ½ pound)
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 6 scallions
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 10 ounces broccoli slaw
- 3½ ounces shredded carrots
- 2 ounces mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 530, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 840mg (37% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).
Wash produce before use
Prep the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the glass noodles.
Soak the glass noodles
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the remaining stir-fry ingredients
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Coarsely crumble or cut the tofu into ½-inch pieces.
- Using a slotted spoon or fork, transfer the mushrooms to a cutting board to cool slightly. Discard the stems and soaking liquid; thinly slice the mushroom caps.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons stir-fry blend for cooking the vegetables; set aside the rest for the noodles.
Cook the stir-fry
Add the cabbage, tofu, and mushrooms, plus 1 tablespoon more oil, if dry, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage starts to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the whites parts of the scallions and the mung bean sprouts and cook until the scallions start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons stir-fry blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl. Do not clean the pan.
Warm the noodles; finish the dish
- Rinse the noodles.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Measure out the stir-fry blend.
- Toss the vegetables with the noodles.
- Sprinkle the stir-fry with the scallions.