In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hakka noodles with braised tofu and stir-fried vegetables
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Hakka noodles are a cousin of chow mein; our lightened version makes for a fast and easy vegetarian dish the whole family will love.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 7 ounces glass (mung bean) noodles
- 1 or 2 celery ribs
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 wedge green cabbage (about ½ pound)
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 6 scallions
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 10 ounces broccoli slaw
- 3½ ounces shredded carrots
- 2 ounces mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 530, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 840mg (37% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the glass noodles.
Soak the glass noodles
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the remaining stir-fry ingredients
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Coarsely crumble or cut the tofu into ½-inch pieces.
- Using a slotted spoon or fork, transfer the mushrooms to a cutting board to cool slightly. Discard the stems and soaking liquid; thinly slice the mushroom caps.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons stir-fry blend for cooking the vegetables; set aside the rest for the noodles.
Cook the stir-fry
Add the cabbage, tofu, and mushrooms, plus 1 tablespoon more oil, if dry, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage starts to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the whites parts of the scallions and the mung bean sprouts and cook until the scallions start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons stir-fry blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl. Do not clean the pan.
Warm the noodles; finish the dish
- Rinse the noodles.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Measure out the stir-fry blend.
- Toss the vegetables with the noodles.
- Sprinkle the stir-fry with the scallions.