In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hanoi bun cha with five-spice pork, rice noodles, and fresh herbs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
For this Vietnamese classic, we pair pork skewers with nuoc cham sauce, gluten-free rice noodles, and refreshing garnishes including mint and cilantro.
In your bag
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Wooden skewers
- 3 scallions
- 1 romaine heart
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lime
- Sunbasket nuoc cham sauce base (fish sauce - fresh garlic - coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- 2 ounces mung bean sprouts
Calories 670, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 70g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the pork and scallion oil.
Prep and cook the pork; make the scallion oil
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; cut the pork into ¼-inch-wide strips. Season generously with salt and pepper and the five-spice powder. Thread the pork strips onto the skewers.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Transfer to a small bowl.
Pour the hot pork cooking oil over the scallions. Let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; cut the romaine in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
- Juice the lime.