In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese cod with rice noodles and mango salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine first tasted this dish, known as cha ca la vong, while traveling in Vietnam. A speciality of Hanoi, the fish is cooked at the table, over a charcoal burner, in a pan of bubbling, turmeric-infused oil. It’s served over noodles, with an unforgettable, sweet-salty sauce combining pineapple and anchovies.
In your bag
- Two 6-ounce Pacific cod fillets
- Marinade base (fish sauce - turmeric)
- ¼ pound rice noodles
- 2 scallions
- Fresh dill
- 1 ounce roasted peanuts
- 1 mango
- 1 lime
- Mango dressing (fish sauce - lime juice - water)
- ½ teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- Pineapple-anchovy sauce (pineapple - anchovies - brown sugar - fish sauce - fresh garlic - lime juice)
Calories: 740, Protein: 39 g, Fiber: 8 g, Total Fat: 27 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 14 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.5 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg, Sodium: 1320 mg, Carbohydrates: 91 g, Added Sugar: 3 g.
Contains: Fish, Peanuts
Wash produce before use
Prep the cod
- Cut the cod fillets into 1 ½-inch lengths.
Cook the rice noodles
Prep the garnishes; make the salad
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1½-inch lengths.
- Remove any tough stems from the dill leaves.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts.
- Peel and pit the mango; cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Zest the lime; juice half and cut the other half into wedges.
Cook the cod