In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Harissa lamb chops with chicory-grape salad and lemon-tahini yogurt
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Summer along the coast is closer than you think. Inspired by sunny Catalina Island, Chef Kate dreams up a vibrant salad of sweet grapes, fresh mint, and crisp chicory lettuce paired with harissa-spiced lamb chops.
In your bag
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- Protein options:
- 2 bone-in center-cut lamb loin chops (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 organic filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket harissa spice rub (granulated garlic - harissa powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 head organic endive or other chicory lettuce
- 1 ounce organic red or other grapes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ½ cup organic peas
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - honey - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 760, Total Fat 64g (82% DV), Sat. Fat 23g (115% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 230mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Milk, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the lemon-tahini yogurt
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base, yogurt, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] cold water. Season generously to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook your protein
- Pat your protein dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the harissa spice rub.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein.
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned and your desired doneness is reached. For medium-rare, that’s 4 to 6 minutes for rib-eyes and New York strips and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons.
Transfer your protein to a plate. While your protein is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the chicory-grape salad
- Trim the root end from the endive; cut the endive crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Remove any stems from the grapes; cut the grapes in half.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
In a medium bowl, toss together the endive, grapes, mint, peas, and sherry vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread the lemon-tahini yogurt onto individual plates and top with your protein. Garnish with the chicory-grape salad and serve.
- Make the lemon-tahini yogurt.
- Remove any stems from the grapes.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Assemble the chicory-grape salad.
- Spread the yogurt onto plates.