In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Harissa pork blade steaks with grapefruit salad
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
A popular North African condiment, harissa has a greater depth of flavor than many other chile powders. Ours is blended by hand at the Oaktown Spice Shop in Oakland, and in addition to paprika and cayenne it includes coriander, cinnamon, caraway, and cumin. The result lends an irresistible flavor to these pork steaks.
In your bag
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 pork blade steaks
- I tablespoon Oaktown Spice harissa powder - optional
- Fresh mint
- Oil-cured black olives
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Wash produce before use
Prep the grapefruit; marinate the pork
- Peel the grapefruit and divide the flesh into segments.
- Season the pork generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root ends of the chicories. Rinse and dry the leaves.
- Tear the mint leaves into pieces.
- Chop the olives.
Make the dressing
Cook the pork
Make the pan sauce