In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hawaiian garlic shrimp with coconut rice
Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Inspired by a locals’ favorite food truck on Oahu’s North Shore, this 20-minute garlic shrimp dish has been described as “garlic heaven” on more than one occasion.
In your bag
- ¾ cup short-grain white rice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 to 4 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Calories: 650, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 20g (100% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Toast the coconut
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the shellfish
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the paprika.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the paprika.
- Rinse the rice.
- Combine the ingredients for the rice in a sauce pot.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Time the shellfish.