In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hawaiian garlic shrimp with coconut rice
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Inspired by Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck in Oahu’s North Shore, we’ve created a succulent, garlicky, and buttery dish with your choice of protein. It’s your fast track to garlic heaven.
In your bag
- ¾ cup short-grain white rice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 to 4 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
Calories: 650, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 20g (100% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
In a small sauce pot, combine the rice, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and ¾ cup [1¼ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Toast the coconut
In a dry large frying pan over medium heat, toast the shredded coconut, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Wipe the pan clean. When the rice is done, stir in the toasted coconut.
Prep your protein
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the paprika.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the paprika.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper and the paprika.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the paprika.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook your protein
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
In the same pan used for the coconut, warm the butter over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the protein is lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
Transfer the coconut rice to individual bowls, top with your protein, and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Rinse the rice.
- Combine the rice ingredients in a sauce pot.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Time the cooking.