In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hawaiian loco moco with teriyaki chicken and fried eggs
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Combining steamed rice, chicken teriyaki, savory gravy, and runny fried eggs, this loco moco is Hawaiian comfort food at its best.
In your bag
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- Sunbasket teriyaki glaze (honey - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- Sunbasket gravy seasoning (arrowroot powder - porcini powder - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 organic eggs
Calories 590, Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 230mg (77% DV), Sodium 700mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Eggs, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Prep and cook the chicken and cabbage
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a cutting board; pat dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
Prep the gravy ingredients; make the gravy
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
Fry the eggs
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Measure the onion.