Hawaiian steak stir-fry with broccoli and pineapple
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
This Hawaiian-inspired steak stir-fry brings tropical flavors to this easy gluten-free and family-friendly dinner.
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- ¾ pound broccoli crowns
- ¾ pound chopped peeled pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper
- Fresh ginger
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1¼ pounds top sirloin steak strips
- 4 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket teriyaki glaze (honey - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut the broccoli crowns into 1-inch florets.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the scallions and cilantro
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Finish the stir-fry
Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure out the ginger and garlic.
- Set the table.
- Compliment the cook.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 700mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 24g, Added Sugars (Honey): 13g (26% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.