In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hawaiian steak stir-fry with broccoli and pineapple
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
This Hawaiian-inspired steak stir-fry brings tropical flavors to this easy gluten-free and family-friendly dinner.
In your bag
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- ¾ pound broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1¼ pounds top sirloin steak strips
- ¾ pound chopped peeled pineapple
- 3 scallions
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket teriyaki glaze (honey - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 710mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 86g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: 9g (18% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prep and cook the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the steak cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Drain the pineapple on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Finish the stir-fry
Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure out the ginger and garlic.
- Set the table.
- Compliment the cook.