Hawaiian steak stir-fry with broccoli and pineapple
25 – 35 Minutes
This Hawaiian-inspired steak stir-fry brings tropical flavors to this easy gluten-free and family-friendly dinner.
In your bag
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- ¾ pound broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1¼ pounds top sirloin steak strips
- ¾ pound chopped peeled pineapple
- 3 scallions
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket teriyaki glaze (honey - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Pineapple takes nicely to the grill; cook the chopped peeled fruit over a medium-hot fire (or in a grill pan over medium-high heat) until slightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes per side. It can be stirred into this stir-fry, sprinkled with chile flakes for a lively side, or served with sorbet for a tropical dessert.
Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 710mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 86g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: 9g (18% DV).