In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty fish stew with tomatoes, kale, and coconut milk
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Paleo
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Fire-roasted tomatoes, tender sweet potato, and hearty kale add a burst of color and flavor to this fragrant paleo fish stew.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 2 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- ½ ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- ½ cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Fish options:
- 10 ounces wild pollock pieces
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
Calories: 500, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 780mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 50g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables; start the stew
- Peel the onion, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly slice.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
Add the kale, sun-dried tomatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes, coconut milk, and 1 cup [2 cups] water and season generously with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potato is tender and the kale is wilted, 8 to 10 minutes.
While the stew cooks, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the lemon and finish the stew.
Prep the lemon; finish the stew
- Zest the lemon; cut into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons; cut 1 lemon into wedges. Save the remaining zested lemon.]
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the water for the stew.
- Time the fish.