In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty mushroom ramen with bok choy, lemon, and crisp tempeh
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Fresh ramen noodles floating in a lemony, umami-rich broth with mushrooms and bok choy make a magical bowl of soup that’s nothing like the ramen you ate in college.
In your bag
- ½ pound tempeh
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 head organic baby bok choy
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- One 4-inch square kombu
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon shichimi togarashi
Calories: 560, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 22g (88% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 830mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, boil the ramen.
Cook the ramen
While the water heats and the ramen cooks, prepare the soup ingredients.
Prep the soup ingredients; cook the soup
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; thinly slice the bok choy on the diagonal.
- Juice the lemon.
While the soup cooks, prepare the mint and the tempeh.
Prep the garnish; crisp the tempeh
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves, if desired.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh and the soup.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Garnish with the mint.