In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty potato salad with tempeh “bacon” bits and mustard vinaigrette
Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
This potato salad is sure to stand out. With crisp bits of marinated tempeh and fresh summer veggies, it makes for a hearty meal or showstopping side dish at a barbecue.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- Sunbasket tempeh “bacon” marinade (maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - sweet smoked paprika - cumin - cayenne)
- 10 ounces organic red or gold new potatoes
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket “creamy” mustard vinaigrette (whole grain mustard - onion - EVOO - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 6 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories: 600, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 20g (80% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 960mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soften and marinate the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir together the tempeh “bacon” marinade and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil.
Prep and cook the potatoes and broccoli
- Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half; cut any large potatoes into quarters.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
Return the water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
While the potatoes and broccoli cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Cook the tempeh “bacon” bits
Finish the potato salad
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Stir the “bacon” marinade and oil.
- Measure the shallots.
- Assemble the potato salad.
- Garnish the dish.