In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty turkey soup with zucchini, rainbow chard, and Urfa chile oil
Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Paleo
2 Servings, 350 Calories/Serving
With lean protein and an earthy combo of vegetables, this quick and easy soup is perfect for a cool winter night, with a touch of heat to keep you warm.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic zucchini or other summer squash (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Urfa chile flakes
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 ounces organic chopped chard or other leafy greens
Calories: 350, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 16g (5% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sherry vinegar, Urfa chile, and 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] oil. Set aside for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the soup
Add 3 cups [5 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a vigorous simmer, add the chard, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, and the chard is just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Measure the oil for the Urfa chile oil
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Time the cooking.