Hearty turkey soup with zucchini, rainbow chard, and Urfa chile oil

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Hearty turkey soup with zucchini, rainbow chard, and Urfa chile oil

Hearty turkey soup with zucchini, rainbow chard, and Urfa chile oil

Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 360 Calories/Serving

20 Minutes

With your choice of protein, earthy vegetables, and a drizzle of spicy Urfa chile oil, this quick and easy soup warms you from the inside out. Nothing fancy, just a brothy bowl of goodness. 

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 1 or 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash (about ¾ pound total)
  • 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Urfa chile flakes
  • Your choice of protein
  • Sunbasket herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
  • ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3 ounces organic chopped chard or other leafy greens

Nutrition per serving

Calories 360, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Prep the vegetables and Urfa chile oil

  • Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
  • Cut the mushrooms into quarters. 
  • In a small bowl, stir together the sherry vinegar, Urfa chile, and 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] oil. Set aside for garnish.


Prep your protein

  • Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. 
  • Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.

In a medium bowl, combine your protein and herb blend, season with salt and pepper, and mix until just blended.


Cook the soup

In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ground meat (if using shrimp, add it later) and cook, stirring to break up the meat into 1-inch pieces, until starting to brown but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, mirepoix, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. 

Add 3 cups [5 cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a vigorous simmer. Add the chard and shrimp (if using) and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, and the chard is just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. 


Transfer the soup to individual bowls and garnish each with 1 teaspoon Urfa chile oil. Serve the remaining chile oil on the side.

Kids Can!
  • Measure the oil for the Urfa chile oil.
  • Measure the water for the soup.
  • Time the cooking.