In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty turkey soup with zucchini, rainbow chard, and Urfa chile oil
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 360 Calories/Serving
With your choice of protein, earthy vegetables, and a drizzle of spicy Urfa chile oil, this quick and easy soup warms you from the inside out. Nothing fancy, just a brothy bowl of goodness.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Urfa chile flakes
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 ounces organic chopped chard or other leafy greens
Calories 360, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 270mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and Urfa chile oil
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sherry vinegar, Urfa chile, and 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] oil. Set aside for garnish.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
In a medium bowl, combine your protein and herb blend, season with salt and pepper, and mix until just blended.
Cook the soup
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ground meat (if using shrimp, add it later) and cook, stirring to break up the meat into 1-inch pieces, until starting to brown but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, mirepoix, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add 3 cups [5 cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a vigorous simmer. Add the chard and shrimp (if using) and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, and the chard is just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the soup to individual bowls and garnish each with 1 teaspoon Urfa chile oil. Serve the remaining chile oil on the side.
- Measure the oil for the Urfa chile oil.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Time the cooking.