In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty turkey soup with zucchini, rainbow chard, and Urfa chile oil
Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Spicy, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 350 Calories/Serving
With your choice of protein, earthy vegetables, and a drizzle of spicy Urfa chile oil, this quick and easy soup warms you from the inside out. Nothin’ fancy, just a brothy bowl of goodness.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash (about ¾ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Urfa chile flakes
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket herb blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 ounces organic chopped chard or other leafy greens
Calories: 350, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 100mg (33% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 17g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and garnish
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sherry vinegar, Urfa chile, and 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL] oil. Set aside for garnish.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant-based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
In a medium bowl, combine your protein and herb blend, season with salt and pepper, and mix until just blended.
Cook the soup
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ground meat (if using shrimp, add it later) and cook, stirring to break up the meat into 1-inch pieces, until starting to brown but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, mirepoix, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add 3 cups [5 cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a vigorous simmer. Add the chard and shrimp (if using) and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, the vegetables are tender, and the chard is just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the soup to individual bowls and garnish each with 1 teaspoon Urfa chile oil. Serve the remaining chile oil on the side.
- Measure the oil for the Urfa chile oil
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Time the cooking.