In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty white bean minestrone with chicken meatballs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Minestrone may be considered a humble meal, but ours is chock-full of protein and flavor, from the chicken meatballs and white beans to an array of vegetables.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- 1 egg
- Sunbasket meatball spice blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 packet vegetable broth concentrate
- 2 or 3 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup shelled peas
Calories 390, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 195mg (65% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 39g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, using a fork or whisk, blend the egg with the meatball spice blend and half the parsley. Add the chicken, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Brown the meatballs
While the meatballs brown, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the minestrone
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the vegetable broth concentrate with 1 cup [2 cups] warm water and stir to combine.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp].
- Rinse the white beans.
In the same pot used for the meatballs, add the mirepoix and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic and tomatoes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the meatballs, white beans, vegetable broth, and 1 cup [1½ cups] water. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through and the liquid has thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the white beans.
- Garnish with the parsley.