In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Herb-crusted pork chops with kale and apple salad
Lean & Clean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
This one-pan paleo meal is great for an easy dinner party, with a thyme and rosemary crust on the pork plus cooked apple to sweeten the kale.
In your bag
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- Sun Basket “creamy” Dijon vinaigrette (whole grain Dijon mustard - onion - EVOO - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 2 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs organic fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
Calories: 530, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 740mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 31g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (pecan)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep the kale
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Toast the pecans
Prep and cook the pork
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the apple.
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, spread the thyme and half the rosemary in an even layer. Lightly press the pork into the herbs, coating both sides.
While the pork cooks, prepare the shallots and apple.
Prep and cook the shallots and apple
- Peel the shallots and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Finish the salad
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Massage the kale.
- Strip the thyme and rosemary leaves.
- Spread the thyme and rosemary on a plate.
- Finish the kale and apple salad.