Herb-crusted pork chops with kale and apple salad
Paleo, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
20 – 35 Minutes
This one-pan paleo meal is great for an easy dinner party, with a thyme and rosemary crust on the pork plus cooked apple to sweeten the kale.
In your bag
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- Sun Basket “creamy” Dijon vinaigrette (whole grain Dijon mustard - onion - EVOO - Dijon mustard - apple cider vinegar - kosher salt)
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 2 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs organic fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
From our friends in the Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen: “To cut the kale efficiently, stack the leaves and cut them crosswise using a sharp knife. If you have leftover salad, don’t throw it away; surprisingly, it tastes good the next day.”
Make It Leaner
Stretch this dish into 3  portions to shave off 180 calories and 9 grams of fat per serving.
Calories: 530, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 740mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 31g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (pecan)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.