In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hiyashi chuka ramen bowls with egg ribbons and crispy pancetta
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Topped with a colorful array of egg ribbons, crisp pancetta, and juicy cucumber and tomato, this ramen dish is sure to be a mealtime favorite.
In your bag
- 6 ounces Moon Noodles fresh ramen
- Sunbasket hiyashi chuka seasoning blend (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 2 organic eggs
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 3 organic scallions
- Nori strips (for garnish)
Calories: 610, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 870mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 58g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the ramen
While the water heats and the ramen cooks, prepare the pancetta and the eggs.
Cook the pancetta and the egg ribbons
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the eggs, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook without stirring until the eggs are set and beginning to release from the pan at the edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flip the eggs and cook until just cooked through, 10 to 15 seconds longer. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Gently roll up the eggs, then cut the roll crosswise into ¼-inch-wide ribbons.
While the pancetta and eggs cook, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ¼-inch-thick matchsticks.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Time the ramen.
- Season the cooked ramen.
- Season the tomatoes.
- Assemble their bowls.
- Garnish with the nori strips.