In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu burgers with oven fries and sambal mayo
Family-Friendly, Spicy, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 880 Calories/Serving
This vegetarian tofu burger has a bit of spice and a lot of flavor that may even convert the meat eaters in your life.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic russet or other white potatoes (about ¾ pound total)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Carrot slaw dressing (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
- 2 Hodo organic tofu burgers
- 2 whole wheat buns
- Sun Basket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
- 1 ounce organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Rinsing the potato slices under cold water removes excess starch from the surface, which prevents them from sticking to one another and to the sheet pan. Pat dry with a paper towel before seasoning and roasting. Using a sheet pan large enough to spread the potatoes in a single layer helps ensure even cooking (we recommend a pan about 17 by 12 inches). A stainless-steel pan is best if you have one; a darker metal pan will speed the browning, so give the potatoes an extra stir or two as they roast.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Set the tofu burgers on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and heated through, about 5 minutes per side.
Calories: 880, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 23g (92% DV), Total Fat: 42g (65% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 20mg (7% DV), Sodium: 1460mg (61% DV), Carbohydrates: 110g (37% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: (buns contain organic brown sugar, organic molasses, and organic barley malt): 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the oven fries
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Rinse the potato slices under cold water to remove excess starch. Pat dry with a paper towel.
While the potatoes roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Toast the sesame seeds
Prep the peppers; make the carrot slaw
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces. Set aside for the burgers.
Cook the burgers; toast the buns
In the same pan used for the burgers, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Assemble the burgers
- Toss the potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Toss the carrot slaw.
- Garnish the burgers.