In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tofu burgers with oven fries and sambal mayo
2 Servings, 880 Calories/Serving
This vegetarian tofu burger has a bit of spice and a lot of flavor that may even convert the meat eaters in your life.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic russet or other white potatoes (about ¾ pound total)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Carrot slaw dressing (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
- 2 Hodo organic tofu burgers
- 2 whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
- 1 ounce organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 880, Total Fat 42g (54% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 1460mg (63% DV), Total Carb. 110g (40% DV), Fiber 23g (82% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the oven fries
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Rinse the potato slices under cold water to remove excess starch. Pat dry with a paper towel.
While the potatoes roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Toast the sesame seeds
Prep the peppers; make the carrot slaw
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces. Set aside for the burgers.
Cook the burgers; toast the buns
In the same pan used for the burgers, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Assemble the burgers
- Toss the potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Toss the carrot slaw.
- Garnish the burgers.