In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hodo Soy tofu burgers with sweet chile mayonnaise
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
If you're skeptical about tofu burgers, prepare to be converted. This one’s sweet and nutty and gets a little kick from the chile mayonnaise.
In your bag
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- Carrot slaw dressing (sesame oil - rice vinegar - brown sugar)
- 4 Hodo Soy tofu burgers
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket sweet chile mayonnaise (optional) (Primal Kitchen paleo mayo - Sriracha - brown sugar)
- 2 ounces pea shoots
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 18g (90% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 1090mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 19g (68% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Make the oven fries
- Scrub the potatoes; cut them in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Rinse the potato slices under cold water to remove excess starch. Pat dry with a paper towel.
While the potatoes roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Toast the black sesame seeds for the slaw
Prep the pepper strips; make the carrot slaw
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips. Set aside for serving.
Cook the burgers; toast the buns
Place the buns, cut sides down, in the pan and cook until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes (or warm them in the oven).
Assemble the burgers
- Pat dry and season the potatoes.
- Stir together the slaw.
- Separate the buns for toasting.
- Assemble their burgers.
- Help clean up.