In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hoisin steak strip lettuce cups with pickled daikon and carrots
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Forget the utensils and enjoy some hands-on mealtime with these crisp lettuce cups. Each leafy wrap is filled with your choice of protein tossed in a sweet-salty hoisin sauce and topped with punchy pickled veggies.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket hoisin sauce base (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- Sunbasket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
Calories 430, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 10g Added Sugars, 20% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the daikon and carrots
- Scrub or peel the daikon; cut the daikon into matchsticks.
Prep and cook your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 6 minutes for steak, shrimp, pork, or tofu and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Remove from the heat, stir in the hoisin sauce base, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the lettuce.
Prep the lettuce
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
Transfer the lettuce leaves to individual plates and top with your protein. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled daikon and carrots from the brine and place them on top of your protein. Spoon on as much sambal mayo as you like and serve any remaining mayo on the side.
- Scrub the daikon.
- Assemble the pickled vegetables.
- Time the cooking.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.