In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hoisin steak strip lettuce cups with pickled daikon and carrots
Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Thanks to our sweet-salty hoisin sauce, quick-pickle brine, and sambal mayo, these easy and delicious lettuce cups come together in just 15 minutes.
In your bag
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- Sunbasket hoisin sauce base (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- Sunbasket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
Calories 430, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 10g Added Sugars, 20% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the daikon and carrots
- Scrub or peel the daikon; cut the daikon into matchsticks.
Prep and cook your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the lettuce
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Scrub the daikon.
- Assemble the pickled vegetables.
- Time the cooking.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.