In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hoisin steak strip lettuce cups with pickled daikon and carrots
Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Thanks to our sweet-salty hoisin sauce, quick-pickle brine, and sambal mayo, these easy and delicious lettuce cups come together in just 15 minutes.
In your bag
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- Sunbasket hoisin sauce base (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
- 1 head organic butter or other lettuce
- Sunbasket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
Calories: 430, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 85mg (28% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 10g (20% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the daikon and carrots
- Scrub or peel the daikon; cut the daikon into matchsticks.
Prep and cook your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the lettuce
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Scrub the daikon.
- Assemble the pickled vegetables.
- Time the cooking.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.