In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hoisin turkey stir-fry with bok choy and coconut jasmine rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Pumpkin puree and prunes may not scream "hoisin sauce" in a traditional sense, but trust us when we say they're the keys to our gluten-free turkey stir-fry.
In your bag
- 1 cup jasmine rice*
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 or 6 heads baby bok choy (about 1¼ pounds total)
- 1 carrot
- 1 Asian pear
- Sunbasket hoisin (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - prunes - molasses - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - salt - granulated garlic)
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sesame-chile blend (optional) (toasted sesame seeds - red chile flakes)
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 620, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 730mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough white onion to measure 1½ cups.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1-inch slices.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the ends; cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel the pear, if desired. Cut the pear into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core. Thinly slice the quarters lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, stir together the hoisin and stir-fry blend.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Cook the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
Return the turkey and any accumulated juices to the pan and add the carrot, pear, hoisin mixture, and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Fluff the rice.
- Stir together the hoisin mixture.
- Add the garnishes.
- Serve the meal.