In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hot and sour chicken stir-fry with vegetables and rice
Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
For a delicious gluten-free stir-fry, we throw in fermented black soybeans, an umami superstar and an essential ingredient in the Chinese pantry.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- Sun Basket fermented black soybean paste (fermented black soybeans - canola oil - garlic - ginger - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - Japones chiles - brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Frank's RedHot cayenne pepper sauce (optional)
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic yellow or other bell pepper
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic carrot
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
Calories: 700, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- In a small bowl, stir together the fermented black soybean paste, 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water, and as much cayenne pepper sauce as you like. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Peel and cut enough onion into ½-inch-thick slices to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; thinly slice the carrot on the diagonal.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Finish the stir-fry
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the carrot.