In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Huli huli chicken with pineapple-celery slaw
Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
In Hawaiian, huli huli means “turn, turn.” Here, we marinate chicken in pineapple, ketchup, and our sweet teriyaki glaze, then “turn, turn” it in a hot pan for deep grilled flavor.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup organic chopped pineapple
- Sun Basket teriyaki glaze (honey - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 1½ teaspoons ketchup
- 1 organic lime
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 1 organic red onion
Calories: 540, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 10g (15% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 490mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 86g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 25g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Marinate the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Measure ¾ cup [1½ cups] pineapple and coarsely chop; set aside for the slaw. Finely chop enough of the remaining pineapple to measure ¼ cup [½ cup] for the marinade.
Make the pineapple-celery slaw
- Zest the lime. Juice the lime into a medium bowl. [Zest and juice 1 lime; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Thinly slice the celery.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
Cook the chicken
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the pineapple and onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Top the dish with the slaw.