In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Istanbul flatbreads with wilted greens, feta, and preserved lemon
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Spicy, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Known to many as “Turkish pizza,” lahmacun is a deliciously chewy flatbread, topped here with sautéed broccoli leaves, preserved lemon, and a creamy white bean spread.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 bunch organic broccoli leaves (about ¾ pound)
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1 organic tomato
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- Sunbasket Mediterranean lemon dressing (extra virgin olive oil - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
- Sunbasket white bean spread (white beans - water - kosher salt - red chile flakes)
- 4 Atoria's Family Bakery whole grain lavash
Calories 540, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 1220mg (53% DV), Total Carb. 57g (21% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the broccoli leaf–feta mixture
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Remove any coarse stems from the broccoli leaves; cut the leaves crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon and discard; finely chop the peel.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the feta and half the preserved lemon. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more preserved lemon, if desired. While the broccoli leaf–feta mixture is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Make the tomato-dill salad; prep the white bean spread
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Coarsely chop enough dill to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Save any remaining dill for another use.
In a medium bowl, stir together the tomato, dill, and Mediterranean lemon dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the white bean spread and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water.
Toast the lavash; assemble the flatbreads
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the lavash, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Spread the white bean spread evenly over each lavash, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Top with the broccoli leaf–feta mixture.
Transfer the flatbreads to individual plates and garnish with the tomato-dill salad. Serve any remaining salad on the side.
- Measure the onion and dill.
- Assemble the tomato-dill salad.
- Stir the white bean spread and water.
- Help assemble the flatbreads.