Italian sausage and peppers with creamy polenta
25 – 35 Minutes
In this gluten-free weeknight favorite, a creamy bed of polenta provides a soft landing for quickly sautéed Italian sausages and bell peppers.
In your bag
- One 18-ounce tube cooked polenta
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 red onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage (contains pork and spices)
- 2 poblanos (optional)
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Fresh basil
- 1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
For even creamier, richer polenta, stir in a little Greek yogurt, sour cream, or crème fraîche along with the Parmesan.
Protein: 14g (28% DV), Fiber: 3g (12% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 1340mg (56% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).