In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausage ragù with gluten-free penne and peas
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
This fulfilling, gluten-free pasta is both easy and delicious, where mushrooms add earthiness to a hearty pork sauce.
In your bag
- 10 ounces gluten-free quinoa penne
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage (contains pork and spices)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 romaine heart
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Sunbasket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- ¾ cup peas
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 1040mg (43% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, make the sauce.
Prep the sauce ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the sauce
While the sauce cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano for the salad; set aside the rest for garnish.
Finish the pasta
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Tear the romaine; toss the salad.
- Sprinkle the cheese and parsley.
- Set the table.
- Sing "O Sole Mio”.