Italian sausage ragù with gluten-free penne and peas
25 – 35 Minutes
This fulfilling, gluten-free pasta is a collaboration between Tyler Florence and Chef Justine where mushrooms add earthiness to a hearty pork sauce.
In your bag
- 10 ounces gluten-free quinoa penne
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage (contains pork and spices)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 romaine heart
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- ¾ cup peas
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
To save an extra step, instead of draining the pasta and reserving some of the cooking water, use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked pasta directly from the water to the sauce. There will be enough cooking water clinging to the penne to loosen the sauce.
Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 1040mg (43% DV), Carbohydrates: 64g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).