In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausage sandwiches with roasted red pepper salad and cornichons
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
How do you make the classic combo of sausage and peppers taste even better? Serve them tucked into hearty sandwiches alongside a bright salad and tangy cornichons.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 organic red onion
- 5 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- ¼ cup cornichons
- Sunbasket Italian dressing base (water - champagne vinegar - honey - Parmesan - parsley - garlic - red chile flakes - dried oregano)
- 2 ciabatta rolls
Calories: 740, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 30mg (10% DV), Sodium: 1710mg (71% DV), Carbohydrates: 91g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
While the sausages cook, prepare the salad ingredients.
Prep the salad ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ⅓ cup [½ cup].
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; thinly slice the leaves.
- Cut the cornichons in half lengthwise; set aside for garnish.
Toast the ciabatta; assemble the sandwiches
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally.
Transfer the ciabatta, cut sides up, to a work surface and spread with the remaining dressing base. Arrange the sausages on the ciabatta bottoms, top with as much salad and cornichons as you like, and close with the ciabatta tops.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the Italian dressing and oil.
- Assemble the salad.
- Customize their sandwiches.