In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa
Spicy, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
We love the beauty and ease of one-skillet skillet suppers on busy weeknights. Our house-made green harissa adds flavor spunk in a flash.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket spicy green harissa (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 450, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 810mg (34% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Cut the zucchini into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until browned but not yet cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the vegetables
In the same pan used for the sausages, stir in the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage begins to wilt and the zucchini starts to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the tomatoes start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, slice the scallions and sausages.
Cut the scallions and sausages; finish the dish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions and set aside for garnish.
- Cut the sausages on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
To the pan with the vegetables, stir in the sausages and cook until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer the sausages and vegetables to individual plates. Garnish with the scallions and as much green harissa as you like and serve any remaining harissa on the side.
- Measure the oil for the sausages.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions.