In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausage and vegetable skillet with spicy green harissa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Easy does it, and so does Sunbasket. In this speedy one-skillet supper, we cook your choice of protein with colorful veggies and finish with our spicy green harissa for deep flavor in a flash.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 3 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Your choice of protein
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket spicy green harissa (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 450, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the onion and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the zucchini into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Prep and cook your protein
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and almost cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan.
Ground meat (including plant based):
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ground meat, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned and almost cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the vegetables
In the same pan used for your protein, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini starts to soften and the cabbage begins to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the tomatoes start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, slice the scallions.
Prep the scallions; finish the dish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal. Set aside for garnish.
To the pan with the vegetables, stir in your protein and cook over medium heat until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer your protein and vegetables to individual plates. Garnish with the scallions and green harissa and serve.
- Measure the oil for cooking your protein.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the scallions.