In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausage and vegetables in marinara with soft-cooked eggs
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
Thanks to lightly seasoned pork sausage and our house-made herbed marinara, this Italian-inspired dish is rich, hearty, and so easy to make.
In your bag
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ pound fresh loose mild Italian pork sausage
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic carrot
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 bunch organic lacinato or other kale (about ½ pound)
- Sun Basket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - extra virgin olive oil - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
Calories: 490, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 200mg (67% DV), Sodium: 910mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the eggs
Prep and cook the sausage
- Cut a small corner from the sausage packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; thinly slice the leaves crosswise.
Cook the vegetables; finish the dish
Stir in the marinara, kale, and sausage (the kale in batches if needed), then reduce the heat to low. Cook until the marinara and sausage are heated through and the kale is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the eggs
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Peel the eggs.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Strip the kale leaves.
- Top the dish with the eggs.