In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with spicy green harissa and vegetable skewers
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Spicy, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
For an effortless meal, we skewer a colorful lineup of vegetables and serve them alongside Italian pork sausages and our custom spicy green harissa.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Wooden skewers
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 organic scallions
- Sun Basket spicy green harissa (EVOO - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 490, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 790mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables; assemble the skewers
- Peel the onion and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the skewers
Prep and cook the sausages and scallions
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions.
- Separate the onion pieces.
- Count the skewers.
- Skewer the vegetables.
- Brush the vegetables with oil and season.
- Time the cooking.