In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with vegetable skewers and spicy green harissa
Soy-Free, Spicy, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Modern life can sometimes get hectic. So take a load off with this easy-to-prep dish featuring a colorful lineup of zingy onion, sweet mini peppers, and delicate squash.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Wooden skewers
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- Sunbasket spicy green harissa (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 480, Total Fat 37g (57% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 800mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 21g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (20% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables; assemble the skewers
- Peel the onion and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
Using 6  wooden skewers, thread the onion, peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients. Lightly brush the vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Cook the skewers
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, working in batches if needed, add the vegetable skewers and cook, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and start to soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, start preparing the scallions and sausages.
Prep and cook the scallions and sausages
- Trim the root ends from the scallions.
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallions and sausages, season the scallions with salt and pepper, and cook, turning occasionally, until the scallions are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes total, and the sausages are browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the scallions to a plate while you continue cooking the sausages. Transfer the sausages to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
Transfer the scallions, sausages, and vegetable skewers to individual plates and serve with the spicy green harissa.
- Separate the onion pieces.
- Count the skewers.
- Skewer the vegetables.
- Brush the vegetables with oil and season.
- Time the cooking.