In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with vegetable skewers and spicy green harissa
Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Spicy, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
Modern life can sometimes get hectic. So take a load off with this easy-to-prep dish featuring a colorful lineup of zingy onion, sweet mini peppers, and delicate summer squash.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Wooden skewers
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- Sunbasket spicy green harissa (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - lemon juice - cilantro - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 480, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 800mg (33% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables; assemble the skewers
- Peel the onion and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the skewers
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, working in batches if needed, add the vegetable skewers and cook, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and start to soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, start preparing the scallions and sausages.
Prep and cook the scallions and sausages
- Trim the root ends from the scallions.
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallions and sausages, season the scallions with salt and pepper, and cook, turning occasionally, until the scallions are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes total, and the sausages are browned and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the scallions to a plate while you continue cooking the sausages. Transfer the sausages to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
Transfer the scallions, sausages, and vegetable skewers to individual plates and serve with the spicy green harissa.
- Separate the onion pieces.
- Count the skewers.
- Skewer the vegetables.
- Brush the vegetables with oil and season.
- Time the cooking.