In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with insalata mista and red pepper vinaigrette
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Give the old salad routine a little remix with this glorious mixed salad. Sweet mango teams up with bright greens, crisp bell pepper, and crunchy poppy seeds to create one heck of a pairing for juicy pork sausages.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 1 organic mango
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - roasted red peppers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories 550, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 990mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 19g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through,10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices. While the sausages are cooking and resting, prepare the salad.
Prep the salad ingredients
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Make the salad
In a large bowl, toss together the mango, bell pepper, mixed greens, carrots, cabbage, poppy seeds, red pepper vinaigrette, and half the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sugar (from your pantry), if desired.
Transfer the sausages and salad to individual plates, garnish with the remaining parsley, and serve.
- Time the sausages.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the parsley.