In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with mango–poppy seed insalata and red pepper vinaigrette
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Mango and poppy seeds are an unexpected pairing that really sing when combined in a salad with our red pepper vinaigrette. Juicy sausages finish off this easy, summery paleo supper.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each; contain pork and spices)
- 1 organic mango
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- 1½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- Sunbasket red pepper vinaigrette (roasted red peppers - EVOO - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
Calories 700, Total Fat 51g (65% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 1420mg (62% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 31g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
While the sausages cook and rest, prepare the salad.
Prep the salad ingredients
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the salad and one for garnish.
Toss the salad
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Toss the salad.
- Garnish with the parsley.